Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On the Needles :: Rainbow socks for me

Untitled

Endre's rainbow socks are done and I had so much left over that I decided to make a pair of rainbow socks for myself ;)
It wasn't enough for a pair, so I added some grey and made them stripy.


Untitled

I'm a little bit behind on my goal of reading 100 books this year, but hopefully I can manage to read a lot this summer. Right now I am rereading A Discovery of Witches. I really liked it the first time I read it. That time I read it in norwegian, but I have now bought the first two books in the series in english and are going to read them both before the 3rd book comes out.

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny and Nicole

14 comments:

  1. Love the socks! I keep seeing stripey socks and I need to make a pair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast of the gray to the rainbow. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are going to read 100 books this year? Good for you! I love those socks. The striping is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love A Discovery of Witches! I am patiently waiting for the 3rd book to come out. The socks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those socks! They look so cozy, but at the same time are bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks, somehow the rainbow it's always so attractive to me, don't know why.
    I will look for that book, sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to sit and read in the summer, when the outdoors beckons! I set 100 as my reading goal last year, and managed 67. This year I set it for 50! If I'm just worrying about how many books I still have to read, it makes reading feel like a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great, Hege!! LOVE the colors with the grey... simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deborah Harkness rocks. I have the first two ebooks. Love these socks, Hege.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bright colours mixed with grey - lovely stripes! :) I've also read Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Makes those colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have just found you via Ginny's Yarn Along - What lovely, happy socks! And I'm planning on reading A Discovery of Witches this summer - I'm just finishing my current book before getting on to it!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥