Thursday, May 8, 2014

FO :: Stripes

Untitled

Last time I stopped by my local yarn shop, I found some selfstriping yarn :)
This skein was in black and bright colours - they are a bit brighter in real life. The yellow and green pops out a bit more than I managed to capture in the photos..
I casted on a little fewer stitches than I normally do as the yarn is a little thicker than my ususal sock yarn.
I meant to knit them for myself, but Eirin really wanted them, so she'll get them. They are a little long for her foot, but it's good to have a pair she can grow into ;)

Untitled

I decided to knit an afterthought heel. I have not made many of those before, but I keep seeing them on selfstriping socks and they do make those heels look a bit prettier than a short row heel. Anyway, this one seems to fit Eirin's foot, so I guess I'll knit it again for her. I have another pair on the needles for hubby and I'm  thinking about doing an afterthought heel on his socks too. Not sure if they will fit his foot, but we'll see ;)

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Cuff down with an afterthought heel, 2x2 rib
Yarn: 88 g Mellanraggi #28010
Needles: 2,75 mm / US 2
Made for: Eirin
Size: 64 sts, european 37/38
Started: April 12. 2014
Completed: May 6, 2014


2014-05-03_02-00-49

Between other projects I need to have some mindless to knit on. These socks have been my tv-knitting projects lately ;) They are thick wool socks where the stripes are made from left overs. Great to use them up.

Pattern: Cuff down with a short row heel, 2x2 rib
Yarn: Sportsragg from Viking Garn, white #510 and multi #591 and Labbetuss Raggegarn from Trysil Garn #456
Needles: 2,75 mm / US 2
Made for: One pair for my sister and one for me
Size: Both have 56 sts, but different foot length.
Started: April 2, 2014
Completed: May 3, 2014

5 comments:

  1. Kule! Kan aldri få nok sokker. Må snart ha et par til meg sjæl også, kjenner jeg. Gøy med striper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking socks. Very comfy, I bet.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥