Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Moments :: Glancing Back, Looking Ahead

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. 
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”
― Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Untitled

:: Happiness ::

Happiness can be so much, like a new book, a bit of sunshine, having a tv-series marathon with hubby, a glass of wine or a new skein of yarn.  But knowing that I have a healhy and happy family and a husband that provides for us, makes me most happy. 
I'm so glad we have the nature at our doorstep. We can walk in the woods, visit the lake, go skiing and sledding in our backyard. I love the shifting of seasons and welcome them all. The sun returning and leaving, the surprise of an early summer, hiking to mountaintops with the kids and watch their joy of achievement and not to forget those small trips in the woods.
I'm happy that I was chosen to knit for Tove Fevangs book, and to meet her in person.

:: Sadness ::

Fortunately there haven't been much sadness. But my grandmother passed away in July. I'm grateful for all the years we've had with my her and that we went to see her a couple of times the last week before she past away- 90 years old.

:: Creating ::

There's been a lot of knitting as usual. I haven't made any epic items, just things we need to keep warm and some gifts. But we made some ice lanterns back in February. Hopefully we will have some cold weather so we can make some this winter too.

:: Reading ::

I read a lot. In bed at night, while cooking dinner, snuggled up in the sofa instead of watching tv and I even have a book in the restroom I can read in (and I'm sure I'm not the only one..). Some of my favorites this past year have been the 2 first books in the Flavia de Luce series, Timeless, The Name of the Wind, Dragonfly in Amber and A Storm of Swords.

:: Learning ::

Besides from finally daring to steek, I've learned that things aren't so hard or scary as it seems. 

:: Hoping ::

That I will overcome some of my fears, like driving on winter roads ;)
To loose some weight by eating healthier and exercise more.
That the kids stay healthy and that they creates some good memories the coming year.

:: Looking forward to ::

New projects to cast on and new mountains to climb.

2 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful blue light!

    Godt nyttår! Gleder meg til åse alt det fine du kommer til å strikke i 2014!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥