Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last FO of the year and some knitting resolutions

First of all
I hope all of you had a great Christmas and I hope the new year will bring you lots og joy and good memories. Hopefully there will be some nice yarn and great projects in there too!

Well, I managed to finish 71 projects this year :)
How productive was your year?




I'm not very good to keep up with new years resolutions, but I've made some for my knitting ;)
I’m going to try to knit down my stash in 2014.
I'm aiming for 52 projects and I have done some “cleaning” in my queue. It’s still very long and it will take me ages to knit it all, but I have made a 2014 list, so we’ll see how much I’ll be able to actually knit from my list during the year ;)
I’ve also made 14 goals :)

Knit or crochet an afghan for each of the kids
Make 14 socks - I want 7 of them to be in a stranded pattern
Remember to knit the christms gifts throughout the year
Knit some sweaters to myself, Nancy, Snowflake and Marius
Make some pillows for the livingroom
Make 14 projects from 14 books in my library
Make 52 projects all together
Knit the kids new christmas stockings
Learn to knit entrelac
Knit and crochet some candle jar cozies
Make a christmas tree skirt
Crochet a few toys
Make some Dr. Who stuff for the kids - they love the series
And I’d like to try to join a or two kal or cal each month


Untitled

My last knitted item this year became a pair of socks for myself :)
It was good to knit on a familiar pattern and just let my mind wander.

Untitled

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Blueberry Waffel Socks (free pattern)
Yarn: 81 g Regia Blitz Color #02527
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1 ½
Size: 64 st, eu size 39-40
Started: December 20, 2013
Completed: December 26, 2013




As you know I set a goal each year to read 100 books.
This year I managed to read 101 :) You can see the list here.




6 comments:

  1. Your picture collage of all your finished projects for 2013 is amazing, as is your list of goals for 2014. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did I knit? Not 71 items. Not even close! You are amazing and everything you created is beautiful. How in the world did you manage to knit 71 things and still manage to read 101 books??? I seriously need to quit my job! ;) Your goals look wonderful and reasonable. I have no doubt you will accomplish them. I love the one about knitting the gifts for Christmas throughout the year. Last minute knitting stressed me out a bit this season.
    Happy New Year to you--I wish you much health and happiness!
    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a successful year knitting! As always, I'm amazed at your prolific knitting and reading! I didn't count my projects, but I can say I read 67 books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man girl, I don't know how you knit so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeg er også imponert over 71 plagg og 101 bøker! Lykke til i 2014 og godt nyttår!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utrolig imponerende! :-) ☆ønsker deg et flott nytt strikke-år! ☆

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥