Friday, December 13, 2013

FO :: Marius hoodie & Vigur

Untitled

Finally the Marius hoodie is done! And just in time to be wrapped in and sent to it's receiver.
I'm so glad my mom made three of these for my kids, because I would never have had the patience to knit three with all the steeking and seaming...

Untitled

Ravelry projet page
Pattern: Marius hettejakke from Marius strikkebok
Yarn: Gjestal superwash sport
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1½ and 3 mm / US 2½
Size: 8-10 years
Made for: One of my nephews
Started: October 26, 2013
Completed: December 11, 2013
Modifications: I made it a bit shorter in the body as it would have been to long if I made as the pattern told...



Untitled

I've also finished another pair of mittens - Vigur, which is an island on Iceland. They are a christmas gift as well.

Ravelry project page
Pattern: Vigur from Varme hender / Hlýjar hendur - I love this book!
Yarn: Rubin and Mor aase
Needles: 2,5 mm / US 1½ and 3 mm / US 2½
Size: Woman medium
Made for: A friend
Started: December 9, 2013
Completed: December 11, 2013
Modifications: As I made it with a thicker yarn and needles, I skipped a few stripes here and there ;)

12 comments:

  1. The hoodie is absolutely beautiful, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk flott hettejakke, det blir nok en glad nevø på julaften. Og den votteboka tror jeg at jeg må sjekke ut:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jeg regner med han blir fornøyd siden han ønsket seg en sånn :)
      Og Varme hender er absolutt verdt å sjekke ut!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow! That hoodie is amazing! Gorgeous work.

    I added you to my GFC and bloglovin' lists! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hoodie is stunning! The mittens are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hoodie is magnificent!!! Had to find another word as all the other superlatives were used! Lol. I want to do the Marius yoke sweater. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look awesome. That hoodie is amazing - the recipient is going to love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hoodie's phenomenal! Kickbutt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work, the hoody looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. The hoodie is such a wonderful combination of classic and contemporary - a difficult thing to achieve. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥