Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FO :: Dyngja

Untitled

Four more gifts are off the needles :)
This pattern is from a new mitten book - Varme Hender, that came out this year. It's Icelandic and has been translated to norwegian. I borrowed a copy at the library, but I really have to buy one as it's filled with mittens I want to knit!
The name Dyngja means chamber when translated. And they were so fast to knit. So I think I'll have to make some more ;)

Untitled

Pattern: Dyngja 1
Yarn: Rubin and Mor Aase
Needles: 2,5 mm /US 1½ and 3 mm /US 2½
Size: 3-4 years
Modifications: I knitted a ribbed cuff instead of a folded one.




Untitled

Pattern: Dyngja 2
Yarn: Rubin and Mor Aase
Needles: 2,5 mm /US 1½ and 3 mm /US 2½
Size: Around 10 years
Modifications: I knitted a ribbed cuff instead of a folded one. And on these pairs I made the white stripes more symmetrical than in the pattern. I wish I had done the same on the toddler sized mittens as well...

7 comments:

  1. Så lekre. Vakre farger, og enkelt men effektfullt mønster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mittens! I hope the book eventually gets published in English. I would love to knit some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hege,
    as always I am impressed by the knitting and the gorgeous stuff you get done, it seems like you just have to think I need mittens, and next thing they are there on the blog!
    seems like you are also enjoying Advent, your Christmas lights do look cosy, indeed.
    Is it very dark now in the daytime where you live?
    I was telling my pupils a little bit about Norway and the Northern Lights, the Midnight Sun in Summer ,and the snow and dark days in winter and they were fascinated.
    keep up the good work!
    regards
    liz
    ireland

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was wishing the same thing, i'd love the book in english. lovely mitts hege!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for leaving your comments ♥